Viewport Relay – Episode 87 – Whose Game Is It Anyways
Published on February 10, 2022
The acquisitions continue! We talk about the latest purchases in the gaming world, with other news sprinkled in.
News articles we talk about in this episode:
- Sony buying Bungie for $3.6 billion: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-01-31-sony-buying-bungie-for-usd3-6-billion
- Rockstar: "Many of you have been asking about a new entry in the Grand Theft Auto series.With every new project, our goal is always to significantly move beyond what we've previously delivered. We're pleased to confirm that active development for the next entry in the series is underway.": https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/1489617718009606150?t=DGCon4yWDpvEA4ns2tsd4A&s=19
- Electronic Arts & Lucasfilm Games announce new Star Wars titles from Respawn Entertainment: https://www.ea.com/news/electronic-arts-and-lucasfilm-games-announce-new-star-wars-titles-from-respawn-entertainment
- "Team17 is today announcing an end to the MetaWorms NFT project. We have listened to our Teamsters, development partners, and our games’ communities, and the concerns they’ve expressed, and have therefore taken the decision to step back from the NFT space.": https://twitter.com/Team17/status/1488618187109408780?t=AgdTvtfXTh8-YcJlGLDfGg&s=19
- Steam Deck Launching February 25th: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1675180/view/3117055056380003048
- Stadia reportedly "deprioritised" as Google focuses on selling streaming tech to third-parties: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-02-04-stadia-reportedly-deprioritised-as-google-focuses-on-selling-streaming-tech-to-third-parties
- Pokemon releases the music and sound effects from Diamond and Pearl for free personal use: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1488889958505062400
You can find all of our content (reviews, features, and of course, podcasts!) on our website: https://www.viewportgaming.com
Want your thoughts featured on the podcast? Contact us on social media!