Viewport Relay – Episode 85 – Back For 2022
Published on January 13, 2022
After the holiday break, we're back! We cover what we've been up to since the break and some of the top news that hit within the past month.
News articles we talk about in this episode:
- SEGA promises to avoid NFTs if gamers think it's a money-making scheme: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/83803/sega-promises-to-avoid-nfts-if-gamers-think-its-money-making-scheme/index.html
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is getting NFTs, including one that lets you become an in-game ‘metahuman’: https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/15/22834567/stalker-2-nfts-metahuman-dmarket
- EA was in the process of developing a Harry Potter MMO, but scrapped it because they didn't think HP had longevity: https://twitter.com/Brandolorian17/status/1473356649972879364?t=vn7SLyTDe1Cj-xO33mgmhw&s=19
- Take-Two acquires Zynga at a valuation of $12.7bn: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220110005389/en/Take-Two-and-Zynga-to-Combine-Bringing-Together-Best-in-Class-Intellectual-Properties-and-a-Market-Leading-Diversified-Mobile-Publishing-Platform-to-Enhance-Positioning-as-a-Global-Leader-in-Interactive-Entertainment
- Mario Kart 9 Is Reportedly In Development, 'With a New Twist': https://www.ign.com/articles/mario-kart-9-is-reportedly-in-development-with-a-new-twist
- PSVR2 specs announced: https://blog.playstation.com/2022/01/04/playstation-vr2-and-playstation-vr2-sense-controller-the-next-generation-of-vr-gaming-on-ps5/
- FF16 development update: https://twitter.com/finalfantasyxvi/status/1475335618905669635?s=20
- E3 online only again: https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/6/22870913/e3-2022-online-virtual-event-covid-19-pandemic-omicron
You can find all of our content (reviews, features, and of course, podcasts!) on our website: https://www.viewportgaming.com
Want your thoughts featured on the podcast? Contact us on social media!