Viewport Relay – Episode 21 – Epic
Published on February 7, 2019
I would like to thank everyone that notified me that Episode 20 was cut off at the beginning. And by that, I mean no one. I was trying to fix it, but it's recoverable since I never export my audio before editing. Lesson learned. Either way, this episode was jam-packed with a ton of news, so we had to cut down a lot. Let's jump in.
You can find all of our content (reviews, features, and of course, podcasts!) on our website: https://www.viewportgaming.com
Want your thoughts featured on the podcast? Contact us on social media!
Here are the articles that we talked about during the episode:
- Americans spent $43 billion on video games in 2018: http://fortune.com/2019/01/23/2018-video-game-sales-totals/
- Nintendo's Honesty Around Metroid Prime 4 Sets An Important Standard: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/01/26/nintendos-honesty-around-metroid-prime-4-sets-an-important-standard
- Nintendo’s next Switch model will reportedly shrink the size, cost, features: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/01/nintendos-next-switch-model-will-reportedly-shrink-the-size-cost-features/
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate update adds Piranha Plant DLC fighter: https://www-aaaba-lp1-hac.cdn.nintendo.net/en-US/f4f9b407/index.html
- Nintendo has at least one surprise Switch game coming out in 2019: https://www.techradar.com/news/nintendo-has-at-least-one-surprise-switch-game-coming-out-this-year
- Sony patents a new system of backward compatibility of PS5 with PS4, PS3, PS2 and PSX: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/am1i53/sony_patents_a_new_system_of_backward/
- Metro Exodus will only release on the Epic Store, but Steam preorders will be honoured: https://www.pcgamer.com/metro-exodus-will-only-release-on-the-epic-store-but-steam-preorders-will-be-honoured/
- After Epic Store Deal,Steam Users Review Bomb Metro Games: https://kotaku.com/after-epic-store-deal-steam-users-review-bomb-metro-ga-1832209151
- Metro dev: 'if at all all the PC players announce a boycott of the Metro, then the next metro, if it does, is definitely not on the PC.': https://steamcommunity.com/app/412020/discussions/0/1780513643852520184/