Viewport Relay – Episode 14 – THE NUMBERS, WHAT DO THEY MEAN?!
Published on November 1, 2018
Red Dead Redemption 2 is finally out! That means that we didn't have time to do anything for the past two weeks- just kidding. Tristan absolutely hated the game and Albert & Alex didn't even pick it up. That means it's time to talk about some gaming news!
You can find all of our content (reviews, features, and of course, podcasts!) at our website: https://www.viewportgaming.com
Want your thoughts featured on the podcast? Contact us on social media!
Here is all the news we talked about this episode:
- Spider-Man on PlayStation 4 made more money in its first month on the market than any PlayStation exclusive in the nearly 24 year history of the brand, across all six core pieces of PlayStation hardware. https://twitter.com/notaxation/status/1054881182637219841?s=20
- Gamasutra - Red Dead Redemption 2 team was crunching 100-hour weeks, says Dan Houser:
- Rockstar allows employees to speak out on 100-hour week controversy: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-10-18-rockstar-allows-employees-to-speak-out-on-100-hour-week-controversy
- Obsidian says it's 'very doubtful' that it will make another Fallout game: https://www.pcgamer.com/obsidian-says-its-very-doubtful-that-it-will-make-another-fallout-game/
- Tencent stock loses $230 billion in market value from China’s videogame license freeze: https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/16/tech/tencent-china-games-valuation/index.html
- Steam popularity skyrockets in China as government's freeze on new game approvals continues: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-24-steam-popularity-skyrockets-in-china-as-governments-freeze-on-new-game-approvals-continues